About Me...

My photo
Secondary School Art Teacher, Ireland.

30.7.12

Keeping Busy...

So I know I'm always talking about keeping busy and keeping creative. It's easier to give advice than to take it, and although I haven't had as much time this summer to work on my own pieces as I'd like, I have done a few bits and pieces. Most of the work I do tends to be in sketchbooks, images of which I'll upload soon. Very few pieces actually develop into pieces that I would get framed. Here's one I did recently:


This was just done in black pen - you can get Stabilo pens in Tesco very cheaply. Also, if you're doing a picture as a gift and want to avoid expensive framing costs, Tesco do some nice frames at good prices. They have mounts inside although it would be no harm to buy a bit of mounting board and insert a better quality mount yourself. Easy-peasy and it will look very professional! Makes a fantastic present!
http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-cream-frame-8x10-with-a-5x7-mount/212-2269.prd?skuId=212-2269&pageLevel=

No comments:

Post a Comment